Monday, May 14, 2012

Tater Tot Casserole

Funny story.  My husband taught me how to make tater tot casserole as I had never had it before and I was instantly a fan.  I change the ingredients around and it soon becomes a family favorite for all of us.  We could seriously eat this for dinner once a week and not complain.  Love it.  A few years later Josh lets it slip that if it wasn't for his ex-girlfriend teaching him how to make it then we'd probably have never had it.  So, to whomever this ex-girlfriend from nearly ten years ago is, my family and I thank you.  :) 

Here's how we make it now:

2 lbs hamburger
2 cans cream of celery
1 bag of tater tots
shredded cheese
Lawry's seasoning

Cook hamburger, mix with cream of celery, stir in a little shredded cheese, pour into 13x9 glass dish.  Layer tater tots on top of hamburger mix and sprinkle a little Lawry's on it.  Cook in oven as directed on tater tots bag.  Just a couple of minutes before it's done, take it out and sprinkle some cheese on top of the tots.  Put back in oven and let the cheese melt.  Omygosh, eat it.  It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment