Friday, May 4, 2012

Bodacious Botato Knock-Off

When I was 21 I was stationed at Barksdale Air Force Base in Louisiana.  I absolutely loved it there.  The culture, the nature, the new foods, the swampy areas, the terrible storms, the streets that flooded within 5 minutes of said storms...it was amazing.  Granted I was 21 and to me, Louisiana is a happy medium of the speed of California and the humbleness of the South.  And it was there I saw my first daquiri drive-thru shop.  Amazing.

Also, just down the road from the base in Bossier City is a little restaurant called Bodacios Bar-B-Q.  My best friend, Trinity, and I would go there for something they called a "Botato."  It was love at first site.  Long lasting love at that.  No one can make a botato quite like their's, but I have been making a few since I've moved in memory of  the Bodacios Botato.  It's under $10 dollar to make enough for the family, and if you buy a whole bag of potatoes you're obviously left with future nights of mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, baked potatoes, baked fries...well, a lot of potatoes. 

On to the recipe.  Make it.  Eat it.  Show it the love and affection it deserves (until you scarf the poor thing down and suffer indigestion shortly after...and find yourself cursing that poor botato). 



What you need:

6 potatoes, already baked (I did mine in the microwave)
1 1/2 lbs of shredded BBQ pork (we used a tub of Lloyds)
Shredded cheddar cheese
Sour Cream and BBQ sauce if needed


Cut open the potatoes, stuff them full of the pork, top with shredded cheese, and then put in the oven at 350 for about 20 mins.  Top with extra sauce and sour cream. 



No comments:

Post a Comment