Saturday, May 19, 2012

Cadillac Cake

So I just made the cake of all cakes.  Jefe de jefes.  The Cadillac Cake!  I took two of my favorite guilty pleasures (chocolate pudding and red velvet cake) and combined them.  I've seen recipes with similar ideas but they never had the cake I wanted.  Well, now I've got my own stinking recipe.  My butt may be the size of a silver bullet trailer home by the end of this year, but you know what?  It'll be worth it.

Recipe:

First make the red velvet cake.  If you want to cheat, I'm not going to stop you.  But I used this recipe.

Use three bowls.  In the largest beat the following:
3/4 cup veg oil
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
mix in 2 tablespoons red food coloring

In the second bowl mix:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder

In third bowl mix:
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon baking soda
After mixing those two, add 1 cup of milk and 2 teaspoons vanilla

Add the third bowl to the first bowl and mix.  Mix in the dry ingredients of the second bowl last and stir until smooth.  Pour into a buttered cake pan and cook at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

After taking the cake out, add two cups of milk to chocolate pudding mix and whisk until blended.  Poke several deep holes into the cake and pour the pudding on top of it, smoothing it out.  Cover loosely and put in the fridge until the entire cake is cold.  Cut yourself a hunk of cake and watch your butt grow to epic proportions. 



No comments:

Post a Comment