Saturday, June 9, 2012

How to cheat at enchiladas

I love mexican food.  Love it.  I also love lean, muscular, mexican men with their shirt off at the beach...offering me a beer.  Since I'm already married and no where near a beach (and my gorgeous hubby will gladly hand me a beer with or without his shirt), I'll have to stick with mexican food.  I prefer to eat it if someone else has made it since I don't have much experience cooking it but a couple of days ago I decided I just HAD to have some enchiladas and was determined to make them myself if I needed to.  And I did.  But I cheated.  I really really cheated.  But hey, they cost under $10 to make, it was easy to put together, and they tasted pretty dang good. 



You'll need:

1 to 2 lbs cooked hamburger
1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 3/4 oz) can cheddar cheese soup
1 packet of taco seasoning
chopped green chiles (optional)
1 pkg shredded mexican cheese
8-8 inch flour tortillas

Mix the hamburger, cream of mushroom, half the packet of taco seasoning, a little cheese, and a few green chiles together.  Pour the mixture down the middle of each tortilla, roll up, and place seam down into a lightly greased dish.  Pour the cheddar cheese soup over the tortillas, sprinkle a little more taco seasoning, chiles, and shredded cheese on top.  Put in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment