Sunday, June 10, 2012

Easy Jumbo Pizza Rolzone

Pizza, pizza rolls, hot pockets, calzones...I'll eat it.  I love pizza.  I'm even a bigger fan of calzones.  In my attempt to make a calzone I discovered I was better at combining a calzone with a huge pizza roll.  I have named it "The Rolzone."  Laugh if you want, but this thing is awesome.  You can make it in a matter of minutes and if you have kids it's a great thing for them to help out with.  All you need to do is roll the dough out, cut it in squares, cover with sauce, and let the kids put their chosen toppings on them.



My recipe:

1 refrigerated pizza dough (this will make 5-6 pretty decent sized ones)
1 jar of pizza sauce
shredded mozarella and cheddar cheese
pizza toppings

Preheat the oven as directed for the dough.  Roll the dough out, cut it into squares, spoon the sauce into the middle.  Throw whatever pizza toppings you'd like into the middle.  Roll the dough up into a tube and then pinch the sides closed.  Lightly brush some olive oil on the dough and sprinkle a little garlic salt on it if you like.  Put the rolzones on a large piece of aluminum foil, place in oven, and bake until golden and the dough is cooked through. 


1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I'm so going to steal all these recipes. I've been wanting to start making more meals and these are simple, but look amazing!

    ReplyDelete