Sunday, June 17, 2012

Tyka's Blackberry Wine Cake

Winos beware!  I have found our newest weakness!  Or at least mine.  My wonderful friend Tyka sent me a cake recipe and I tell you, I was a gonner.  The best part was that she sent it to me during summer break for the kids.  Now, I love them more than ever, but sometimes silence and a glass of wine feel like my only route of survival.  I can now have a slice of wine cake with my glass of wine.  Too much?  I think not.

Don't forget to lightly grease and powder (a tablespoon of the cake mix will be better than flour) your bundt pan...or you'll be looking for creative ways to show off your marvelous cake without
giving away that there is in fact a huge chunk missing.


Tyka's Recipe:


For Cake:

1 white box cake mix
1-1/2 cup of blackberry wine (about 1/2 the bottle...the other half is to drink while the cake is baking....)
1 box of blackberry jello (I had to use black cherry but it still tasted AWESOME)
4 eggs
1 cup of veg oil
 
Combine cake mix, oil, eggs, jello and 1 cup of blackberry wine mix well pour in bundt cake pan bake on 355 degrees for 45-55 mins. When cake is done place on cake plate and take a fork and poke holes all over the top of cake so icing can soak down into the cake.

For Icing:

1 cup of powered sugar
1/2 cup of blackberry wine
pour over cake while cake is hot
 

No comments:

Post a Comment