Monday, April 29, 2013

If it's free I want it!

By now you all know that I'm friggin' addicted to free stuff.  I can now say that I no longer request things I don't need...like samples of wood...but little alarms seem to sound if my eyes pass by the words "FREE."  Luckily for my fantabulous readers I enjoy passing on the freebie deals.  Granted I don't post them on here near enough but I actually found a few minutes today to both read my free subscription to All You magazine (thanks to my magazines.com e-gift from Valued Opinions) and to let you know about some pretty cool things I found in here! I'm not sure if you already have a subscription to this magazine but you need to.  Not only do they have awesome articles but it's also full of coupons.  Score!

The first article that caught my eye was a Q&A about working from home.  They had a few companies on there but I thought I'd mention what I've done (and occasionally still do).  If you know how to transcribe you should check into Scribie.  The best part is you get to pick and chose which dictations you want to transcribe.  The downside is sometimes they don't have many available.  Any good at writing articles?  Look into Yahoo! Voices and submit your best.  If they like it they'll pay you for it.  I also take surveys.  Lame, I know.  But hey, $20 is $20.

Okay, now on to the fun free stuff.  They had a lot to chose from, along with some I've already posted on prior posts.  A new one I didn't know about? Going to the movies for free!  Apparently you can sign up at advancescreenings.com and go for free.  I haven't actually looked into it yet, but I will. 

Books? Well, Amazon and Nook readers probably already knew about the thousands of free e-books but just in case you didn't you need to check out amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com to find them.  I only read free e-books on mine and I absolutely love my Kindle!  One of my best friends has a Nook and we've been known to hunt and share free titles together.

You can also get a ton of free magazines.  I've posted many links before but my favorite by far is to Rewards Gold.  You can take a short survey and then in turn pick out a free subscription.  Right now they have Martha Stewart Living, The Wall Street Journal, and Latina. 

Lastly, I've noticed a Coastal.com freebie has been floating around on Pinterest and also showed up in All You.  They have a one time promotion where you can get a free pair of prescription glasses.  This means I need to hurry and get my eyes rechecked since my prescription has expired.  Oh how I love free.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment