Sunday, April 7, 2013

Taco Casserole

Guess who found a taco casserole recipe on Pinterest!  And then guess who's internet was acting stupid the night I was going to make it!  Yep.  Me.  Luckily I was determined (OK...I had 4 hungry kiddos, a hungry husband...and a hungry me...all wanting taco casserole.  My 8 year old daughter put on her apron and we made our own version. It came out AMAZING!!!

Recipe:

1 lb hamburger
31 oz can refried beans
3 tomatoes
1 bell pepper
2.25 oz can sliced olives
Chunky salsa
Taco seasoning (make your own or buy some)
1 pkg fiesta mix shredded cheese
Tortilla chips

Cook your hamburger, add a 1/4 cup of water, seasoning, your bell pepper (sliced) and 2 tomatoes (diced). While letting that simmer pour your baked beans in a 8x10 dish and smooth. Crumble a couple handfuls of tortilla chips over it along with a light layer of cheese. Then pour your meat and veg mix and smooth. Next add more crumbled tortillas, cheese, the last tomato, diced, any bell pepper left, and the olives.

Place in the oven at 350 for 15-20 minuted. Serve and enjoy!

And just a side note, I apologize for the pics being out of order.  I'm trying out the blogger app and I'm still figuring it out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment